10 Fun Facts about Women
International Women’s Day is just around the corner! We hope you’ve already prepared a surprise or two for all of the important women in your life!
In honour of this holiday, and of the fairer sex in general, we’ve discovered 10 fun facts about women.
- The two highest IQs ever measured by standard IQ tests belonged to women
- The average woman eats 2 – 4 kgs of lipstick during her lifetime
- Women speak nearly 20,000 words a day, while men speak only 7,000
- Women blink 19 times per minute, while men blink 11 times per minute
- Women spend almost one year of their lives deciding what to wear
- Women buy 17 pairs of shoes every year on average, but only wear 1 out of 4 of them.
- The average woman spends 120 hours per year looking herself in the mirror, which amounts to approximately 5 days
- The female heart beats faster than the male heart
- Women have a better sense of smell, as well as a greater number of sweet taste buds
- Women’s skin is ten times more sensitive than men’s.